- You may not have anything to eat for 6 hours prior to surgery or drink (including water) for 3 hours prior.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office prior to your surgical appointment.
If you take routine oral medications, please check with your doctor.
If Asprin/Advil or any medication containing Asprin/Advil or over the counter medications such as fish oil are being taken, please make your surgeon aware and recommendations will be made for its modification.